Mid-Year Rant

Seriously, I haven't been writing in a very long time, the last time I wrote something in this blog I was a vegetarian. I mean like, wow.
I have been very, very busy the first 6 months of this year with the mooting and everything.
So, to summarize, I've been with two guys, I've managed to attend several parties, I've managed to save some money that vanished into thin air the moment I stepped to Melboune CBD, I went to the most amazing city of all time, yes.

Mooting life, crazy. One word describes it all. Both fun crazy and mad crazy. When it started I thought it would be crazy, but not that crazy. I felt like I wanted to cry the whole time, can you imagine myself crying? No, I can't. But it's the mixture of the heartbreak and plain craziness of what they demand me to do in mooting. The pressure is crazy. The teammates are crazy. But in the end I learned a lot from it, and it distracted me from my shitty life. It gave me a purpose of life beyond finishing the latest season of Revenge or getting 100 likes on Instagram. I practiced something like 8 days in a week, still managed to date a guy during the course of it. I carried a bundle one foot thick and pleaded in front of Jane Andrewartha even before finals and she told me I was calm and collected. NOBODY has ever said that to me! So that was sort of an accomplishment. The craziest thing? I want to do it all again!

Okay, the two guys, long story short, both are a-hole. The first one was a fboy but I didn't know how I couldn't see past my empowered lens. What the hell even an empowered lens? Still, he's a total a-hole who treated me with zero respect but I let him to. After being single for quite a long time, finding one particular person who understands what you're saying is just amazing. I admit that was a huge mistake I made along the way of being a mature woman. After all we have to kiss lots of frogs before kissing the prince, right?
That took me to the second guy, who's less of an a-hole. He went with the five-date scheme I made in order to prevent the damage like the first guy caused. Alright, he told me he's a feminist, he spreads gender equality brochure for a living. He treated me with respect during our first dates, I've never felt what I felt since my ex. Dang, he really got me dancing in the mirror and singing in the shower. But oh, how I've been wrong. Suddenly everything went down the hill after our fifth date. Heck, I swear to God I thought it was real, and I still don't know what was wrong. We simply stopped contacting each other. Was it anything that I said? Or was it just him being a coward? Bottomline, I've tried everything in my power to make it work, it just didn't.
So, love life, failed.

Then, the six-and-a-half hour flight to Melbourne is paid off the moment we're landing and the flight attendant announced that it's 4 degrees down there. I've always loved it when I can see smoke coming out of my mouth when I talk! I got to say, this place still really is the most liveable city in the world. Its awesomeness is tripled by the fact that I get to experience it with my dear friends. As much as I love Indonesian food, no city beats Melbourne for culinary travel, seriously no food is not yummy in Melbourne, right? From Subway to a restaurant in Crown Resorts, everythng is just tasty. I had authentic australian steak, nando's supremo, chicken schnitzel, parmagiana, asian urban street food like bing, german steak, tons of churros, fondue, sushi, ramen, vietnamese baguette, souvlaki, souvlaki bowl, turkish sweet delights and hot turkish guy #eh #butno also, I despise the fact that nowhere in the world offers cheap wine like Australia, I had wine 99% of time and when I go home I got myself bowler's run sauv blanc for 3 bucks! How could only 4 million people live in Melbourne?
And I didn't do road trip, because it's not a road trip without my dear father. But still my visit was super amazing. I got to visit Melbourne Star, as I have visited Singapore Flyer last year and that means I have London Eye left to cross off my list!
I visited NGV and it was still quietly awesome per usual. State library, melbourne central, went shopping like there's no tomorrow, went to RMIT, went shopping again, had fondue. Today, three days after I left that city, I already miss the sound when the bell of the tram chimes or the taste of the fat churros at Flinders St station. I cried myself to the water at Brighton Beach, my friend shouted "you must came from the family of polar bear, that water is ice cold" but I couldn't help it because I'm going back to Indonesia in two days.








I have nothing else to write. That summarizes my life in six months.

Septiandara Banyo

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now let me know what's on your mind...